Evelyn's blog helps you with all your gift and entertaining dilemas.
Monday, September 19, 2011
RECIPES FROM OUR HOLIDAY EVENING OF DESIGN
We had so much fun at our recent Holiday Evening of Design benefiting the Barnwell County Museum. Many people asked us to post some of the recipes they loved.
2lb. peeled, large raw shrimp
1 1/2 C white vinegar
1 C vegetable oil
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C capers, undrained
1 1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1 md.size red onion, sliced & separated into rings
1. Bring 6 cups slated water to a boil; add shrimp, & cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain & rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Devein, if desired.
2. Combine vinegar & next 5 ingredients in a shallow dis; add shrimp alternately with onion. Cover & chill 6 to 24 hours, turning often. Drain shrimp mixture, discarding liquid, before serving.
APPLE & MAPLE TARTLETS
2- 8oz. Cream Cheese softened
1/2 bottle Rothschild Farms Harvest Apple & Maple Sauce
1/4 C. sugar
50 to 60 phyllo pastry shells
1 can Apple Pie Filling
1. Mix softened cream cheese & apple & maple sauce together. Add 1/4 cup sugar.
2. Fill pastry shell with cream cheese mixture.
3. Place apple pie filling in food processor & puree.
4. Top each pastry with pie filling.
Hope you enjoy! Check back soon for all our pictures from our wonderful Holiday Evening of Design.