Friday, July 7, 2017

Summer Dinner Party

SUMMER  DINNER  PARTY


As most of you know, I love having friends and family over for  brunch or a great evening dinner.  Entertaining doesn't have to be complicated.  It can actually be a lot of fun!  With a collection of a few essentials, you can throw a fun gathering at a moments notice.





Some of my favorite things I love collecting are beautiful table linens.  I love cloth placemats and napkins and anyone who has come over to my house knows I only use cloth napkins.  I also love mixing my placemats and napkins to create a fun tablescape.  I often layer my placemats using 2 designs at each setting.




Another thing I love is unique china and stoneware.  I am not a huge fan of paper plates and cups, but am loving all the new melamine plates and serving pieces that are so popular now!  Most of the melamine that is on the market now looks just like it is made of stoneware.  I also love collecting unique serving pieces.  It's ok to mix all your patterns.  It sure makes for a fun and unique table.





When I set my table,  I always "shop" my house for little treasures to place around the table.  For summer, these may be special shells that I picked up on the coast or my travels.  I always center my table with a unique centerpiece.  For this setting, I filled a galvanized flower pail with branches and bamboo and added cute summer hanging glass lanterns.  These also serve double duty not only as candleholders, but make great vessels for flowers.  







Let your entertaining be fun and stress free.  Do what you do best and let others help in the things that are not your favorite.  If you don't like to cook, order takeout and then place on your beautiful serving trays and bowls.  Always be in the moment with your guests and have fun!

Come in to Evelyn's today and let us inspire you!

Shop online at

No comments: