Thursday, December 21, 2017

Holiday Treats

Holiday Treats


Tis the season to share with others your
gratitude for their friendship and love.  One of my
favorite things about the holiday season is giving (and receiving)
delicious homemade goodies.  Date balls always remind me
of Christmas and my grandmothers who made them each year.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and everyone at Evelyn's
wishes you and your family a wonderful Christmas and
a blessed New Year.

Date Nut Balls
1 Stick of butter                                        1 C. granulated sugar
1 Egg beaten                                             1 C. chopped dates
1/2 C. chopped nuts                                  1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
2 1/2 C. Rice Krispies                               Coconut

Melt butter in medium saucepan.  Mix beaten egg, dates (I put mine in the food processor), sugar, and nuts then add to the melted butter.  Cook on medium.  Bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes or until it thickens.  Remove from head and add vanilla and Rice Krispies.  Cool and shape into balls (I spray Pam on my hands because it will be very sticky).  Roll in coconut.  

Enjoy!!

No comments: